Skip to main content
Ithaca Schools - click for home 
Ithaca City Schools - click for home

All Ithaca City School District schools are closed through the end of the academic year.

Budget Development | Budget FAQs
Budget Vote and Election
Digital Time Capsule
Distance Learning
School Closure Updates
School Meals During Closure
Staff Information

ICSD Registration



Ted Rohm, Registrar

400 Lake Street, Ithaca, NY
Phone: (607) 274-2201
Fax: (607) 274-2279

Office Hours
September - June: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
July and August: 8:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Due to our current school closure, the office hours have changed. Please email Ted Rohm directly or reach out to us via the Let's Talk! portal


To register your child for enrollment in the Ithaca City School District, documentation must be submitted to the Registrar Office in the ICSD Administration Building, 400 Lake Street, Ithaca, NY. If you need to register your child during our school closure, please email Ted Rohm or call 607-274-2201.

Documentation must include proof of date of birth; acceptable documentation includes: 

  • Medical records/Immunization records (in English)
  • School records
  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Custody or guardianship legal documents (if applicable)
Registration forms can be found below. 
Entrance Age: District Policy 5140
Children who reach their fifth birthday on or before December 1 of the year of matriculation are entitled to attend school, and may be admitted to kindergarten. Proof of age must be presented in the form of a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or passport.
Kindergarten Orientation and Registration
Parents and caregivers living in the Ithaca City School District who need to register their children for kindergarten should direct all questions to Ted Rohm, District Registrar, at To learn more about our 2020 kindergarten orientation plans, please click here

Proof of Residency
The residence of children dwelling within the District’s boundaries shall be established in a manner that is consistent with state law and the authorized implementing regulations of the Commissioner of Education (the “Commissioner”). Proof of residency is required. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
  • A residential lease, or proof of ownership of a house or condo (e.g., deed or mortgage statement);
  • A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parents(s) or persons(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district;
  • A statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relationship’s physical presence in the district.
If the proof of residency documentation listed above is unavailable, other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the District may include, but are not limited to the following:
  • Paystub;
  • Income tax return;
  • Utility or other bills;
  • Membership documents based upon residency (i.e. library cards);
  • Voter registration document;
  • Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification;
  • State or other government-issued identification;
  • Federal, state or local agency documentation (i.e. social service agency, federal Office of Refugee);
  • Evidence of custody of the child (including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers).
Residency Affidavits (regarding the residency of emancipated students or students who do not live with their parent(s)/legal guardian(s))
International Students
The Ithaca City School District welcomes international students through a variety of New York’s foreign exchange agencies for grades 9–12 at Ithaca High School. We do not currently accept I-20 forms for individuals with an F-1 Student Visa.
Information on Rights of Parents from the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
An educational agency or institution shall give full rights under the Act to either parent, unless the agency or institution has been provided with evidence that there is a court order, State statute, or legally binding document relating to such matters as divorce, separation, or custody that specifically revokes these rights. (Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1232g)
Medical Regulations
Due to HIPAA regulations, medical records cannot be released without the authorization of the patient or the patient's parent/guardian. For enrollment eligibility purposes, it may be necessary for the District to request immunization records, health records, or other medical information. An ICSD Student Record Release Form can be found below.


At the time you register you will need to complete our enrollment forms (below). Any student records you can supply upon registration will facilitate the process. After supplying the required information and completing the district enrollment forms, an appointment will be made for an elementary or middle school student to meet with a school staff member. This will be for placement purposes in the classroom.

If you are registering a high school student, once the paperwork is completed and entered by the District Registrar and you are attending Ithaca High School (IHS), you will be contacted to meet for scheduling and ENL-Math screening (if applicable) with school counselors in the IHS Student Services Office.

If you are attending Lehman Alternative Community School (LACS), you will be contacted by their Student Services Office. For questions call (607) 274-2347.

Residence and School Assignment
The links below will help in determining your residence and school assignment. They are provided as a public service, but ICSD cannot guarantee their accuracy. Please confirm all information with the registrar at the time of enrollment.
Open Enrollment
Information about Open Enrollment, as well as Open Enrollment request forms, can be found here

Student Records and Transcripts

Current Students
Current students enrolled in ICSD: If you would like to obtain an official copy of school records, including transcripts, you must contact the school you are attending and complete their required request forms/procedures. 
Former Students
Former students no longer attending an ICSD school should complete this form: Transcript Request Form.

Residency Affidavits

Affidavit of Emancipation
For students requesting to enroll, or continue enrollment, in the Ithaca City School District as emancipated students. Click to download
Residency Affidavit
Regarding the residency of a student who does not live with their parent(s)/legal guardian(s). To be completed by the student’s custodian (individual with whom the student lives) to determine whether the student is legally entitled to attend ICSD schools as a resident of the custodian’s home. Click to download
Parental Residency Affidavit
Regarding the residency of a student who does not live with their parent(s)/legal guardian(s). To be completed by the student’s parent/guardian to determine whether the student is legally entitled to attend ICSD schools as a resident of the district. Click to download