Engaged & Empowered Learning
We invite you to explore Engaged, Empowered Learning in the Ithaca City School District. The images below link to projects and case studies created by students throughout the ICSD. This collection of amazing work represent our vision and mission come to life through audacious innovation, designed to meet the needs of 21st Century students. We are committed to meaningful and personal learning, to building and engaging in community, to teaching and learning in responsive and powerful ways, and to achieving academic and personal excellence for everyone. This work is changing the lives of our students!
Case Studies and Units of Study
Vision of Teaching and Learning
Every year, every student has at least one experience that --
- is inquiry-based;
- involves original research;
- involves fieldwork and collaboration with experts;
- requires them to synthesize learning from multiple disciplines;
- is in service to the (global/local) community; and
- is deeply connected to standards.