Monday, February 23, 2015
Congratulations to our Students of the 2nd Quarter!
The purpose of the Student of the quarter award is to recognize good school citizens who are make a positive contribution to Boynton student life. The criterion for the award includes satisfactory or noticeable improvement in behavior throughout the school year and satisfactory or noticeable improvement in scholarship and citizenship. Faculty members nominate winners and administrators select winners by consensus.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
At a special meeting on Wednesday, January 21, the Ithaca City School District Board of Education approved the reassignment of Jason Trumble from Chief Administration Officer to Principal of Ithaca High School. Mr. Trumble has been serving as the leader of Ithaca High School since the previous principal, Jarrett Powers, departed in October 2014.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Click here to read Volume 44 of the ICSD Insider.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Ithaca City School District’s recent Goals & Priorities Survey received 1,849 individual responses — a 163% increase from 2013 — giving district leaders strong data on which to base their future education decisions.
· 75% of participating community members said information received from the district is timely and 77% said the information is clear — an 8% and 7% gain, respectively.
· A large majority of student respondents (86%) indicated they had a very positive relationship with at least one teacher.
· Students agreed their teachers encourage them to do well in school (87%) and encourage them to ask questions when they don’t understand (84%).
· The improvements made to the school district website have been beneficial as 71% of respondents said the website is how they receive district information.
· 66% of respondents said they are informed about the school issues and decisions that affect them.
· 71% of respondents said they would recommend their school to a friend.
The presentation to the Ithaca City School District Board of Education can be found here.