Attendance Info & Procedures
Attendance Office Staff
Last Names A-L
Linda HowellEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (607) 274-2283
Last Names M-Z
Debbie KaneEmail: Debbie Kane
Phone: (607) 274-2151
Student Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures During the School Day
- Students who arrive late to school should immediately report to the attendance office before continuing on to their class.
- If a student arrives to class within 20 minutes after the bell has rung, that student will be marked tardy. Any arrival later than 20 minutes is considered an absence.
Appointments and Early Dismissals
- Any student who needs to leave early during the day is asked to submit a note from their parent/guardian to the attendance office at the beginning of the day. The note should indicate the time of and reason for the dismissal. This can also be requested through email.
- Attendance office staff will provide the student with an early dismissal slip to be shown to their classroom teacher and any hall monitors.
- A student without a note must report to the attendance office before leaving campus, and staff will contact the parent/guardian to confirm the appointment.
- If a parent/guardian has made an appointment of which student is not aware, the parent/guardian should notify the attendance office, which will attempt to contact the student to arrange for them to be ready for pick-up at the appropriate time.
- If a student is absent due to a college visit, their note should include the appointment confirmation email provided by the college/school visited.
Absences from School Day
- Parents/guardians are responsible for emailing or calling the attendance office before 10:00 a.m. on each day their child is absent. Additionally, a written note or email stating the reason for the absence must be sent to the attendance office within three days of any absence.
Absences from Class
- When a student is marked absent from class, an automated call is generated home that evening. Attendance staff will attempt to contact a parent/guardian the following day, via email or phone.
- If a student was incorrectly marked absent, the student should follow up with the classroom teacher in order to have it corrected.
- Students and families will be formally notified via mail after every third unexcused class absence. Students will be expected to meet with their counselor, dean of students, and/or associate principal to make a plan for improving attendance.
- For planned absences of one or two days, students should inform their teachers verbally, and parents/guardians should provide a note to the attendance office.
- Students are responsible for making arrangements with teachers to make up missed work for all excused absences.
- Absences in excess of three days due to illness must be excused with a doctor's note.
Extended Medical Absence Procedures
- Extended absences or activity restrictions due to medical reasons should be reported to the attendance office, as well as the medical office, which will inform school counselors and associate principals.
Late Bus Procedures
- If you are staying after school for clubs, sports, rehearsals, etc. and need to ride the late bus, a pass MUST be obtained from a teacher or sponsor you will be staying with prior to getting on the late bus.