Special Education School Contacts
Every school in the Ithaca City School District is assigned an Educator of Inclusion (EI) who works to provide support to our learning communities, engaging and empowering all students.
Broadly, the role of the Educator of Inclusion is to:
- manage the development and implementation of the district’s inclusion plan;
- ensure quality professional development in inclusive practices, culturally responsive teaching and leadership, and family engagement practices;
- implement restorative practices across the district;
- serve as the CSE/504 Chair for their assigned building(s);
- increase job-embedded professional development using non-evaluative instructional rounds;
- strengthen inclusive instructional practices (i.e., culturally responsive teaching, flexible groupings, co-teaching) for all students by adding resources to buildings;
- collaborate as a member of instructional leadership team; and
- build relationships with students, staff, and families
Below you will find the contact information of all ICSD Educators of Inclusion, as well as that of the staff members who provide clerical support to the EIs. Contact information for the Special Education Department Leaders at Boynton Middle School, DeWitt Middle School, and Ithaca High School are also provided.
To connect with other support professionals, such as social workers, occupational therapists, and psychiatrists at your child's school, please visit the school website or contact the building principal.
Elementary Special Education
Secondary Special Education