Emergency Broadband Benefit EnrollmentEnrollment in the Emergency Broadband Benefit is now open!
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary FCC program intended to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households may also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
Who is Eligible
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How to Apply
There are three ways eligible households can enroll:
- Directly with a local participating provider. The FCC maintains a list of participating providers, sorted by state and territory.
- Enroll online with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) at their website getemergencybroadband.org. (The enrollment button will not be live until May 12.)
- Download a paper application at the getemergencybroadband.org site, fill out the application, and mail it – along with supporting documentation – to the USAC.
You can learn more about the Emergency Broadband Benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, by visiting fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit, or by calling 833-511-0311.
|More Video: En español | American Sign Language|