The ICSD is Hiring Bus Drivers!
The Ithaca City School District owns and maintains more than 80 buses, and has a staff of 100 highly-trained and dedicated employees dedicated to providing safe and efficient transportation service for more than 5,700 students. Unfortunately, like many districts across New York State, the ICSD is experiencing a school bus driver shortage.Driving a school bus is a great occupation for those looking for full or part-time work. Some of the benefits of the job include:
- a starting pay of $15.41 per hour for regular drivers and $20.00 per hour for substitute drivers;
- a flexible work schedule;
- health, vision, and dental insurance for regular drivers;
- paid training for the CDL license provided by the district; and
- the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children.
The ICSD is committed to equity, inclusion, and building a diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of color.We hope you consider joining Team ICSD!