In March 2018, we completed the second phase of our ICSD Voice-Over-IP (VoIP) project by deploying phones to all ICSD classrooms and setting up teacher voicemail.
There are two main types of phones in our district: office and classroom phones.
- are associated with a specific user or position, instead of a classroom;
- have a 7-digit direct outside number, as well as a 5-digit internal extension; and
- display voicemail alerts that are tied to an extension (nurse, attendance, special education classroom).
- are not tied to a specific user or position;
- are only accessible with a 5-digit internal extension;
- cannot be called directly from outside of the district during the school day (outside calls can only be transferred in from the main office);
- can be reached from outside of the district after school hours if the caller knows the room extension;
- do not display voicemail alerts on the phone (teachers' voicemails are not tied to the phone); and
- have speed dials for the nurse, main office, and custodian.
Directions for Dialing Out & Accessing Voicemail
- Make an emergency call: dial 911
- Call outside lines: dial 8 + 1 + area code + 7-digit number
- Call inside lines: dial the 5-digit extension
- Access voicemail: dial 90001 or (607) 274-8888
- will be delivered to your email as an attached sound file;
- is accessible from any ICSD phone with your mailbox number and pin (your 5-digit mailbox number is based on your employee ID number - including padding with leading zeroes if necessary); and
- is not tied to any particular phone.
Directions for accessing your ICSD voicemail:
- Call your mailbox (from inside the district, dial 90001; from outside of the district, dial (607) 274-8888).
- Enter your voice mailbox number, followed by the # symbol.
- Follow the voice prompts to record your greeting and pick a new pin number.
How to leave a message on a teacher voicemail from any ICSD phone:
- call their 5-digit mailbox number from any ICSD phone
- open the voice directory and say their name.
How to leave a message on a teacher voicemail from a non-ICSD phone:
- call the building's main phone line, or dial (607) 274-8888;
- enter the voice mailbox number; and
- you should then hear the teacher's greeting and be able to record a message.