Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Code Red Robotics' build session will be open for the public on Saturday, February 7, from 2:00-4:00 p.m. in the Ithaca High School (IHS) Technology wing (accessible from both the Lake Street and N. Cayuga Street entrances to IHS). This fourth annual Ithaca High School Technology and Engineering Open House will feature displays from FIRST Lego League teams (elementary school branches of FIRST), TSA (IHS’s Technology Student Association), the Ithaca High School Technology Education department, and the hosts, FIRST Team 639 Code Red Robotics. This will be an opportunity for the community to come see this year’s robot, as well as learn about technological opportunities offered for Ithaca City School District (ICSD) students.
Click here for more information about Code Red Robotics and the 2015 FIRST Robotic Competition.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Click here to read Volume 44 of the ICSD Insider.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Ithaca City School District’s recent Goals & Priorities Survey received 1,849 individual responses — a 163% increase from 2013 — giving district leaders strong data on which to base their future education decisions.
· 75% of participating community members said information received from the district is timely and 77% said the information is clear — an 8% and 7% gain, respectively.
· A large majority of student respondents (86%) indicated they had a very positive relationship with at least one teacher.
· Students agreed their teachers encourage them to do well in school (87%) and encourage them to ask questions when they don’t understand (84%).
· The improvements made to the school district website have been beneficial as 71% of respondents said the website is how they receive district information.
· 66% of respondents said they are informed about the school issues and decisions that affect them.
· 71% of respondents said they would recommend their school to a friend.
The presentation to the Ithaca City School District Board of Education can be found here.
Monday, January 05, 2015
The anticipated timeline for the Ithaca High School principal search has been revised. Please note that the January 7th Community Conversation will be rescheduled.