Attendance Info & Procedures
IHS ATTENDANCE OFFICE CONTACT INFO:
(Located in the B Building.)
IHS ATTENDANCE PROCEDURES
Student Pick-up & Drop-off Procedures During the School Day
- Students who arrive late to school should immediately report to the Attendance Office (located in B Building) before continuing on to their class.
- If a student arrives in class within 20 minutes after the bell has rung, student will be marked tardy. Any arrival later than 20 minutes is considered an absence.
Appointments and Early Dismissals
- Students who need to leave early during the day, are asked to submit a note from their parent/guardian to the Attendance Office, at the beginning of the day. The note should indicate the time of dismissal and reason. This can also be requested through email.
- Attendance Personnel will provide the student with an early dismissal slip to be shown to the classroom teacher and any hall monitors.
- A student without a note must report to the Attendance Office before leaving campus and staff will contact the parent/guardian to confirm the appointment.
- If a parent/guardian has made an appointment, of which student is not aware, the parent/guardian should notify the Attendance Office, who will attempt to contact the student to arrange for them to be ready for pick up at the appropriate time.
- Absences excuses, due to College Visits must include the appointment confirmation email provided by the college/school visited.
Student Absent from School all day
Student Absent from Class
When a student is marked absent from class, an automated call is generated home that evening. Attendance staff will attempt to make contact with a parent/guardian the following day, via email or phone.
If a student was incorrectly marked absent, the student should follow up with the teacher in order to have it corrected.
Students and families will be formally notified via mail after every third unexcused absence in a class. Students will be expected to meet with their counselor, Dean of Students, and/or Assoc. Principal to make a plan for improving attendance.
- For planned absences of one or two days, students should inform teachers verbally and parents/guardians should provide a note to Attendance.
- Students are responsible for making arrangements with teachers to make up missed work for all excused absences
- Absences in excess of three days, due to illness, must be excused with a doctor's note
Extended Medical Absence Procedures
LATE BUS PROCEDURES
If you are staying after school for clubs, sports, rehearsals, etc. and need to ride the late bus, a pass MUST be obtained from a teacher or sponsor you will be staying with prior to getting on the late bus.
For these and other procedures, please see the 2015-2016 Student Handbook.