Congratulations to the following Ithaca City School District teachers, who were chosen by lottery to attend the Ithaca Teachers' Residency. The teachers are:
- Angela Levy, grade 5 ELA teacher at Cayuga Heights Elementary
- Sarah Locke-Mountin, art teacher at Belle Sherman and Cayuga Heights
- Naomi Raimon, reading teacher at Lehman Alternative Community School
- Matthew Soucy, English teacher at Ithaca High School
- Karen Wyatte, preferred substitute and alternative instructor at Beverly J. Martin Elementary
This is the fourth year the residency has been available. It is a five-day, four-night residency that takes place during the district's winter recess in February. The residency gives local teachers a respite from their daily teaching responsibilities, and a chance to work on their own writing or art. The residency is free to attend p- it is underwritten by the Ithaca City School District's Fine Arts Booster Group, which is an affiliate of the Ithaca Public Education Initiative. Learn more.