Registration office hours for ICSD:
ENTRANCE AGE: District Policy 5140
Children who reach their fifth birthday on or before December 1 of the year of matriculation are entitled to attend school, and may be admitted to kindergarten. Proof of age must be presented in the form of a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or passport.
Registration for ICSD:
To register your child for enrollment in the Ithaca City School District, documentation must be submitted to the Registrar Office in the ICSD Administration Building, 400 Lake Street, Ithaca, NY. Documentation must include proof of date of birth, and acceptable documentation includes:
- Medical records/Immunization records (in English)
- School records
- Birth certificate
- Custody or Guardianship Legal Documents (if applicable)
Proof of Residency
The residence of children dwelling within the District’s boundaries shall be established in a manner that is consistent with state law and the authorized implementing regulations of the Commissioner of Education (the “Commissioner”). Proof of residency is required. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
1) A residential lease, or proof or ownership of a house or condo (e.g., deed or mortgage statement);
2) A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parents(s) or persons(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district;
3) A statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relationship’s physical presence in the district.
If the proof of residency documentation listed above is unavailable, other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the District may include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Pay Stub;
2) Income tax return;
3) Utility or other bills;
4) Membership documents based upon residency (i.e. library cards);
5) Voter registration document;
6) Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification;
7) State or other government issued identification;
8) Federal, state or local agency documentation (i.e. social service agency, federal Office of Refugee);
9) Evidence of custody of the child (including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers).
- Registration Forms (see Registration Forms below.)
Contact Jeff Dubert (District Registrar) via email, (email@example.com) or phone (607) 274-2201
The fax number is (607) 274-2279
The address is 400 Lake St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Click Image Below to Download a Copy
- Information on Rights of Parents from the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- An educational agency or institution shall give full rights under the Act to either parent, unless the agency or institution has been provided with evidence that there is a court order, State statute, or legally binding document relating to such matters as divorce, separation, or custody that specifically revokes these rights. (Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1232g)
- Due to HIPAA Regulations, medical records cannot be released without the authorization of the patient or the patient's parent/guardian. For enrollment eligibility purposes, it may be necessary for the District to request immunization records, health records or other medical information. An ICSD Student Record Release Form can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Your Residency:
- The links below will help in determining your residence and school assignment. They are provided as a public service, but ICSD cannot guarantee their accuracy. Please confirm all information with the registrar at the time of enrollment.
At the time you register you will need to complete our enrollment forms (see below). Any student records you can supply upon registration will facilitate the process. After supplying the required information and completing the district enrollment forms, an appointment will be made for an elementary or middle school student to meet with a school staff member. This will be for placement purposes in the classroom.
If you are registering a high school student, once the paperwork is completed and entered by the District Registrar, and you are attending Ithaca High School (I.H.S.) you will be contacted to meet for scheduling and ESL-Math screening (if applicable) with I.H.S. School Counselors by the I.H.S. Registrar. For questions call (607) 274-2144.
If you are attending Lehman Alternative Community School, you will be contacted by their Student Services Office. For questions call (607) 274-2347.
Student Records and Transcripts:
Current Students enrolled in ICSD:
If you would like to obtain an official copy of school records, including transcripts, you must contact the school you are attending and complete their required request forms/procedures.
Former Students no longer attending an ICSD school:
You must complete the Ithaca High School Request a Transcript Form (listed above) and submit to the IHS Registrar.
Information about open enrollment can be found on the following pages:
Ithaca City School District welcomes international students through a variety of New York’s foreign exchange agencies for grades 9–12 at Ithaca High School. We do not currently accept I-20 forms for individuals with an F-1 Student Visa.