Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers free, voluntary, and confidential consultation and assistance to help employees and their immediate family members resolve difficulties that may be affecting their personal life or job performance.
EAP services include initial evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, short-term counseling (up to six sessions), referrals to outside resources, and follow-up. The EAP also provides workshops and information on a variety of wellness topics, such as concussions, suicide, and healthy food choices.
Anything that is causing difficulties in an individual’s personal or work life is appropriate for the EAP. Employees and their family members can talk with an EAP counselor about alcohol and drug use, financial difficulties, grief, marital and family conflict, anxiety, depression, or anything else that’s preventing them from being and doing their best. No issue is too small or too serious.
Services provided directly by the EAP are free of charge. There are times when a referral to an outside resource is recommended by the EAP or requested by the employee or family member. In these cases, the individual is responsible for the cost of services, although their health insurance may cover some or all of the costs. Ability to pay for additional services will always be considered when an outside referral is made.
To make an appointment, employees and their family members can call 1-800-EAP-8746 or 315-471-1361 to speak with an EAP Coordinator. An appointment will be scheduled at the earliest possible convenience. Day and evening appointment times are available depending on one’s needs and schedule. The Ithaca EAP Office is in the Boardman House in downtown Ithaca. The EAP also has offices in Cortland and Syracuse.
All contact with the EAP is confidential to the fullest degree provided by the law. An employee’s involvement in the program is not disclosed to their employer or anyone else. However, absolute confidentiality does not apply to child abuse, court orders, or threats to the safety of individuals.
To learn more, visit the EAP website.
Spring 2019 EAP Workshops
The EAP is hosting the following workshops this spring:
- Mar 19 4:30-6 pm Teen Drug Trends & Hidden Mischief Room at Prevention Network, Syracuse
- Mar 27 5-6:30pm NYS Employee Retirement System Overview at OCM BOCES Main Campus, Liverpool
- April 2 4:30-6pm Understanding & Assisting the Anxious Child at Canastota High School, Canastota
- April 9 4:30-6pm Mindful Eating at OCM BOCES Cortlandville Campus, Cortland
- April 23 4:30-6pm Tech Addiction: Facts & Fiction at CITI/Oswego BOCES Main Campus, Mexico
- April 30 4:30-6pm Clearing Clutter: AKA Dejunking Your Life at Boynton Middle School, Ithaca
All programs are FREE for employees and their family members/guests to attend. If you would like to bring a guest, please indicate that on your registration.
You can register in the following ways:
- Email Michelle Stolicker, EAP Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the workshop title in the subject line and your contact information (name, school district, preferred phone number, and email) in the body of the message. Please also indicate if you are planning to bring a guest and provide their name.
- Call Michelle with the above registration information at (315) 471-1361 option 1 or (315) 952-6388.
- Send Michelle a completed registration form (also available on the EAP website www.ocmboces.org/eap under the Workshop Schedule Tab) via BOCES or US mail.