COURSE SELECTION PROCESS 2019-2020
On this page you will find a video describing the course selection process and other documents that may be helpful in entering your courses on schooltool. The first link under the yellow heading "Downloads" is the instructional video. The other links will also be helpful in selecting your courses.
Please make sure to view the videos under the yellow heading "Links" as well.
Following are the steps that will be discussed in more detail in the video:
- Review your graduation requirements, transcript, teacher recommendations as well as the Program of Studies for the 2019-2020 school year that can be found on the Student Services website (and links below) or in hard copy in the Student Services office.
- You can obtain your transcript from your school counselor.
- You can find your teacher recommendations on your School Tool Student Portal (Go to Grades - progress2:TchRec). If you have questions about your recommendation, we encourage you to have a conversation with your teachers. Note: You may select a course that is a lower level than your teacher recommends but you must submit a course waiver if you wish to override the teacher recommendation. (for example: if your teacher recommeds H-US History, you may select either US History or H-US History but if you wish to take AP US History you must submit a waiver form)
- Also consider what you want to do after high school – the courses you select should align with your career goals.
- For those students who are interested in the Career and Technical Education programs at BOCES, connect with your school counselor as soon as possible to sign up.
- Enter your course selections in School Tool between the dates of February 4, 2019 and February 13, 2019. In schooltool, select the "scheduling tab." Use the "Course Selection Sheet" (in the links below) for accurate course names and ID numbers). Remember to SAVE your selections.
- After February 13th, if you wish to make further changes, you may do so during your annual review meeting with your school counselor. After all annual reviews are completed, a print out of your course selections will be sent home for a final approval before the deadline.
- The final deadline to make any course selection changes will be May 10, 2019; after this date, no changes will be allowed; no exceptions. All waiver forms are due by this date as well.
- We’re looking forward to meeting with you individually to review and finalize your selections! These meetings will be scheduled for you. Please be prompt to your annual review appointment.