2018-2019 Course Selection Process Hello Families!
On this page you will find a video describing the course selection process and other documents that may be helpful in entering your courses on schooltool. The first link under the yellow heading "Downloads" is the instructional video. The other links will also be helpful in selecting your courses. Please make sure to view the videos under the yellow heading "Links" as well.
Following are the steps that will be discussed in more detail in the video:
- Review your graduation requirements, transcript, teacher recommendations as well as the Program of Studies for the 2018-2019 school year that can be found on the Student Services website or in hard copy in the Student Services office.
- You can obtain your transcript from your school counselor
- You can find your teacher recommendations on your School Tool Student Portal. If you have questions about your recommendation, we encourage you to have a conversation with your teachers.
- Also consider what you want to do after high school – the courses you select should align with your career goals.
- For those students who are interested in the Career and Technical Education programs at BOCES, connect with your school counselor as soon as possible to sign up.
- Enter your course selections in School Tool between the dates of February 1, 2018 and February 12, 2018. All changes after February 12th will have to be made via your school counselor during your annual review.
- The final deadline to make any course selection changes will be May 7, 2018; after this date, no changes will be allowed; no exceptions.
- We’re looking forward to meeting with you individually to review and finalize your selections! These meetings will be scheduled for you. Please be prompt to your annual review appointment.