Skip to main content
culture of love     engaged and empowered learning       schoolTool youtube facebook twitter Calendar    
ithaca home

Frequently Asked Questions

"How do I request my transcript?"
For current  students needing transcripts sent to summer college & university programs or for insurance verification purposes through out the school year, transcripts can be requested either in person Room J-1 (I.H.S. Main Office) Office hours 8:00 am - 4:15 pm Mon-Thurs and until 4:00 pm Friday. Contact I.H.S.Registrar at phone # (607) 274-2144 or email Summer hours are 7:30 am - 3:00 pm Mon- Fri.

For current 12th Grade students needing transcripts for scholarship purposes or to be sent to colleges & universities listed in Naviance, Ms. Brenda Sullivan, I.H.S. College & Careers Office will be working with you and your school counselors to send your transcripts through out the school year and will automatically send the final transcript after July 5th  of each school year. You may receive notices from your schools that they need the final transcript by July 1st but Admissions Offices are fully aware that this is not possible from NYS Public Schools due to June Regents exams being administered so late in June.  All questions should be directed to Ms. Sullivan at phone # (607) 274-2218 or email School year Office hours are 7:30 am – 3:45 pm, Mon – Thurs and until 3:30 pm Friday. School Counselors do not have summer office hours and have limited email or phone access during this time.

For future transcript requests or proof of graduation needed AFTER September 1st, of each school year, the “I.H.S./ICSD Alumni Transcript Request Form” can be found as a downloadable PDF under “Down loads” on the “High School” web page of the ICSD website Contact I.H.S. Registrar at phone # (607) 274-2144 or email

"How do I change my address and contact information?"
Changes in Address, Phone or Emergency Contacts
Changes in Emergency Contacts?  Changes in Parent/Guardian phone numbers?
Please CONTACT the IHS Registrar, by phone (607-274-2144) or by email (
Changes of address MUST BE DONE through the ICSD District Registrar's Office, 400 Lake Street.
 Proof of a new address (for example, a utility bill, phone bill, or lease) must be provided along with the completed ICSD Change of Address form found on the ICSD website Registration page at under "Other Forms"
"How do I withdraw my child from Ithaca High School during the school year?"
Withdrawing from Ithaca High School
If you are leaving the high school or the school district, please contact IHS Registrar, by phone 607-274-2144 or email

If a student leaves IHS before graduating, a form called Ithaca High School Student Withdrawal/Transfer Release Form, obtained from the I.H.S. Registrar's Office, must be completed and signed by all the student’s teachers. Teachers record the student’s grades up to the last date of attendance and indicate if the student has returned all textbooks, Chromebook and charger, calculators, library books, cameras, etc. The student returns the completed SIGNED form to the I.H.S. Registrar room J36. A student’s records CANNOT be released until all textbooks, Chromebook and charger, calculators, library books, etc. have been returned.
If a student leaves the school district during the summer, parents/guardians must fill out a form called Ithaca City School District Withdrawal Notice and return it to either to the I.H.S. Registrar room J-1 or the ICSD District Registrar, 400 Lake St. If student still has their assigned Chromebook and charger, this needs to be returned along with the completed signed withdrawal form. Again, records CANNOT be released until all borrowed materials and the Chromebook and charger are returned.

For Teachers - 
"What do you do if a student comes to you, returns their textbook and announces they are leaving Ithaca High School?"
SEND the student IMMEDIATELY to the I.H.S. Registrar's Office Room J-1 next to I.H.S. Student Services.
See Above for withdraw protocols 

Belle Sherman
Beverly J Martin
Cayuga Heights
Fall Creek
South Hill
Boynton Middle
DeWitt Middle
Ithaca HS
Lehman Alternative


Ithaca City School District
Dr. Luvelle Brown, Superintendent
400 Lake Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 274-2101